If you are planning on hiring a car from one of the Spanish Airports then you will be delighted to hear that seven infractions have been removed from the list of offenses which lead to the loss of points New traffic regulations come into force in Spain on November 25th which are regarded as favorable to drivers...
The infractions that no longer apply include:
• driving without lights
• parking in a bus lane or on a bend
• negligent driving which is seen as a possible danger to other traffic or pedestrians
• driving on a motorway in a type of vehicle which is banned from motorways
• driving with twice or more the maximum permitted number of occupants
• points will now only be lost for motorway driving at 130 kph or more
• penalty of the temporary loss of a license also disappears. A license may now only be lost when all the points have been used up.
Any drivers who have appealed against losing points for any of the 7 infractions and have yet to receive an answer will automatically keep those points.
Other changes including the 50% reduction for on-the-spot payment of a fine and the loss of 6 points for using radar inhibitors, are due to come into force in the next six months.