Barcelona Airport Car Hire
Car Rental at Barcelona Airport is a good option if you plan on touring around Spain. It is particularly affordable if you are part of a large group of travellers – sometimes it amounts to a similar price as a coach or a train.
When booking your car, spend a bit of time ‘shopping around’ to find a company that offers deals that are best suited to your needs – this may be a larger vehicle, extra mileage or useful pick up or drop off destinations.
There are five different car rental companies located within Barcelona Airport – Avis, Europcar, Hertz, National Atesa and Sol-Mar:
- In Terminal 1 (T1) each company has an office.
- In Terminal 2 (T2) each company has two offices – one located in T2B and one located in T2C. All of the car rental companies sit together in a row in each terminal, so they are easy to find. As Barcelona Airport is relatively small, all of the companies have cars that can be picked up within walking distance of the office.
It is often easier to book your car online as the telephone numbers provided by the car rental companies tend to be engaged or not answered for a long time.
Contact Details for Car Rental companies at Barcelona Airport in T2
Tel: (0034) 93 298 3600
Fax: (0034) 93 298 3606
Tel: (0034) 90 210 5055 (T1 and T2)
Fax: (0034) 93 478 2632 (T1 and T2)
Tel: (0034) 93 298 3637
Fax: (0034) 93 298 3642
Tel: (0034) 93 298 3433
Fax: (0034) 93 298 3435
Tel: (0034) 93 478 8795
Fax: (0034) 93 478 8796
Opening Hours for Car Rental Companies at Barcelona Airport:
All of the offices are open from 07:00 – 24:00
CAR RENTAL TIPS
Whether you need to rent a car for your holiday abroad, or simply want to rent a car for business, we would like to give you a few tips to make it easier:
• Prior to arriving to your pick up location check the name of the supplier (e.g Europcar, Avis, Hertz, etc.) on the booking confirmation.
• Present your passport, voucher, credit card and driving licence.
• Please check the terms and conditions with the supplier in order to avoid surprise payments when you fetch your car (e.g.: If you are driving to a different country like Portugal, check that your policy covers this.)
• Make sure that the rental contract includes an accurate description of the condition of the car (e.g . any damage, scratches, etc.)
• Check if the vehicle is carrying the required safety equipment.
• Check the fuel policy with the supplier. Usually, all vehicles must be returned with a full tank, or you will be charged the refill amount.
There are many care rental companies available at Barcelona airport, but there are always some that provide better experiences than others. One company that I would not particularly recommend is Europacar, this is based on personal experience. They never fully explained the process well enough and they would not accept a €100 deposit from me in place of €150 (I only had €100 on me and a debit card which they don't let you pay the deposit with). If you have your own experiences with car rental companies that you'd like to share, leave them here, in the mean time, here are 3 good car rental companies:
If you are planning on hiring a car from one of the Spanish Airports then you will be delighted to hear that seven infractions have been removed from the list of offenses which lead to the loss of points New traffic regulations come into force in Spain on November 25th which are regarded as favorable to drivers...